QA Testing Lead
We are seeking an experienced Test Lead to manage data integration testing for a large multi-year project involving several integration systems. As the Test Lead, you will be responsible for creating the test strategy, coordinating testing activities, and leading a team of testers to ensure the successful delivery of high-quality integrated systems. Your expertise in data integration, strong collaboration with stakeholders, and effective communication of test progress and metrics will be essential for this role.
· Prioritize, schedule and complete test tasks for multiple projects with overlapping schedules.
· Partner with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Project Leads to create comprehensive testing strategies for project teams considering project scope, Test types and timelines.
· Learn and adapt quickly to new technologies in a challenging environment.
· Coordinate with project stakeholders to ensure test environment availability and schedule tests.
· Lead and manage a team of testers dedicated to project.
· Utilize test management tools like Jira to track and report on testing progress.
· Maintain a test traceability matrix, linking test cases to requirements and results.
· Demonstrate a strong understanding of integration systems and dependencies.
· Communicate test progress and metrics to the Test Manager and project team regularly.
· Coordinate and implement the Test data strategy, including data refresh, data mapping, and data ingestion.
· Utilize data testing tools to validate data accuracy and integrity during integration.
· Partner closely with the development teams to replicate and resolve issues
· Assist in reviewing and refining existing Quality process, controls, and best practices
· Act as a strong advocate for quality and share knowledge to other team members within the company
· Ensure all projects meet both functional and non-functional requirements and map to test cases
· Assist QE Manager in establishing/evolving Quality Engineering processes and procedures to ensure the use of best practices
· Act as a SME for all quality aspects and coordinate with business teams to create user acceptance test plans
· Expand the use of test automation across project teams
· Contributing to the success of our multi-year project by ensuring seamless data integration and top-notch testing practices.
· Bachelors' Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline.
· 10 years of experience in Enterprise IT with 5 years of experience as a Test Lead, with a focus on data integration testing, Quality Engineering, including hands-on experience in test automation and performance testing
· In-depth understanding of the various testing concepts: functional and non-functional, integration, regression, performance, etc.
· Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology.
Experience with data testing tools and test data management is preferred.
· Strong knowledge of data integration concepts and best practices is required.
· Ability to understand business needs and translate them into a test plan.
· Experience with test automation is required.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills; able to effectively communicate and build relationships with stakeholders, project teams, leadership, and third parties
· Outstanding problem-solving skills, as well as able to work through others to solve problems both inside and "outside" the box
· Self-starter, comfortable working in a busy and dynamic environment with competing priorities
· Experience with SmartBear products is required.
· Previous programmer and/or analyst experience a plus.
· Performance testing experience is a plus.