• Key prerequisites include experience in technical support of laboratory IT environments; good team player; excellent communications skills; demonstrated track record of delivering timely and effective IT technical support. Strong customer relationship skills are required for daily interaction with on-site R&D scientists and lab support personnel.
• Possess the ability to work within a Research & Development organization by providing ongoing support of laboratory software applications. The candidate will assist with R&D software and hardware deployments with standard and non-standard operating systems & hardware configurations with networking communications. Partner with researchers, and external vendors to clarify requirements and recommend solutions.
Duties and responsibilities
• The candidate will provide end user support, troubleshooting, issue tracking and software documentation for R&D hardware, software and infrastructure with Enterprise IT teams.
• Strong hands-on knowledge of Windows XP, 7, 10. (the latter being nearly phased out), and Opensource Linux O.S. The ability to deploy PC images and customized or rebuild PC’s from scratch when necessary.
• Ability to work with scientists to specify and order specialized PC hardware and software per instrumentation or automations standards as needed for new scientific instrumentation being acquired.
• Strong knowledge of network topologies. This includes understanding the configurations of firewalls, VPNs, and routing protocols, and working with the networking team to set up the necessary configurations. Support networked laboratory computers / instruments and troubleshoot connections as needed. Ensure continuous monitoring of all laboratory data operations.
• Follow and implement backup procedures and restore activities for the laboratory environment for short and long term retention of instrument ecosystems and such data. Support the laboratory PC sign-on facility that has been set up so that all data is stored centrally.
• Support and troubleshoot barcode scanners and label printers.
• Work closely with researchers to support GLP related activities, validation requirements, and maintain GLP-related documentation.
• Experience in GLP regulated laboratory IT environments is preferred, or ability to quickly learn the unique requirements and procedures involved in validated systems.
• Eager to learn and understand possess the ability to be creative, pro-active and take initiative in resolving R&D IT issues.
• Application database (SQL, Oracle) and related R&D software, LIMS niche.
o Computer science degree or business
• Specialized knowledge
o IT Laboratory processes, LIMS. Automation processes.
o Hands on both local and enterprise corporate IT functions and networking
o Ability to lift 50Lbs, computer boxes, monitors, etc…
• Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
o Team working experience, Project Management
• Professional Certification
o Laboratory IT instrumentation and functional pc support