IT Operations and Support Specialist
• 4-6 years’ experience in a technology-related field, preferably with at least 2 years providing direct customer support.
• Great customer service skills.
• Ability to analyze and intelligently troubleshoot issues.
• Windows Server experience. Unix/Linux Server experience (preferred).
• Understanding of network fundamentals. Cisco experience (preferred). Network and server monitoring experience (preferred).
• SolarWinds preferred
• Office365 Applications
• Active Directory
• Dell Hardware
• Knowledge and/or certification of ITIL v4 fundamentals and how they are applied within a technology organization
• Experience using enterprise ticketing systems (ServiceNOW preferred)
• Industry related technical certificates or demonstrated knowledge of processes
• Familiarity using remote support tools
• General exposure to scripting languages, i.e. PowerShell, Python (preferred).
• Cisco experience with routers, switches, and firewalls (preferred).
• Act as technical resource aiding with software and hardware needs of internal and external clients via inbound phone queues, self-service ticket submission, chat, and in-person appointments.
• Help design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze, and maintain the IT infrastructure, including network connectivity and utilization, server administration, backup and restore.
• Act as point of contact to support for customers reporting issues, requesting information, access, or other services.
• Identify and diagnose issues and problems by categorizing and recording interactions using administration software to document and monitor incidents and requests.
• Comply with all standard operating procedures and department/organization processes/policies.
• Timely escalation of unresolved reports to a higher level of support.
• Requires proficient knowledge of technology and able to identify proper escalation path, major incidents, and problems.